Thursday 5 May 2016

What's New?

I’ll admit it, my commitment to this blog has been woeful over the past six months or so. I have been busy sourcing university deadlines and part-time jobs as an excuse to myself to neglect writing on the sports I love. But here lies the issue, they ARE the sports I love, and I love writing about them. So it all needs to change. And it has. 




As a result, from now on, to see my work you’ll have to head over to the guys at E-Racing Magazine. Here I shall be pitching in on the Formula E side of their content with features and, every now and again, a session report. Formula E is a sport I have followed with high hopes from its inception. And as some of you will know, it has featured on this blog before with me going to the London ePrix last year for the final round of the inaugural season. Maybe, it is to do with being a Brit, or an Aston Villa supporter, but I like to see the underdog go far and so I think Formula E is really exciting on this front. Moreover, for us race fans, the on track action has been nothing short of spectacular on numerous occasions this year so check out the magazine and the website to keep up to date.

Formula E. London 2015


By contrast, I have completely neglected Moto GP up until last season. With the benefit of hindsight, this is nothing short of criminal in my eyes. It is just on another level. 218 mph, riders 5 abreast into a corner, Rossi vs. Marquez. What more could we ask for? Even as a mere TV viewer, it is huge adrenaline rush to watch, leave alone straddling a Yamaha at those speeds. Anything that can get my flatmates into motorsport must have the lot! So, I’m thrilled to be joining the expansive team at L&T Motorsport where I’ll be covering the 2 wheeled action for this ever popular magazine.

I’m desperately looking forward to getting back to regular content and expanding my motorsport portfolio with these outlets. When those spare coffee breaks arise then I urge you to head over to the sites I mention above as they have in depth coverage of the different categories of motorsport.

As for this page, it is difficult to say. I’m saddened to call it curtains, but I suppose it is for now. That is, unless I feel compelled to write a piece beyond the remit of the sports I’ll be focusing on from now on. So no doubt, thanks to Bernie, there will be. However, looking back, the intention of writing my own blog was always for the end goal of getting my foot in the door for bigger things, and for that it has served me well.

On a final note, I would like to thank you guys for the regular readership across 30+ countries.

Cheers,


Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment